Zucchini Banana Nut Ring

Anybody growing zucchini in their garden knows how prolific those plants are. I had my first ones come ready and started dragging out the cookbooks, recipes cards and internet to come up with a recipe I hadn't tried. Combining a concoction of my own from several resources, I came up with this:




Zucchini Banana Raisin Ring



1/2 c. unsalted real butter

1/2 c. brown sugar

1 c. granulated sugar

2 eggs, slightly beaten

2 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 c. zucchini, grated

1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

2 c. all purpose flour

1-1/2 chopped walnuts



Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs, bananas, zucchini and vanilla. Blend in baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix till a lumpy, but creamy texture. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan or 2 loaf pans. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment