Spams and Cons

Sounds like a title of book, huh? I might have to look into do a story for that one day. But this post isn't about a book. It's about life.

It seems everyday I'm swamped with emails and there's no getting to the end before another day. I have five main email addy's I use, and another five I semi-use, and then I have something like five hundred that came with my website that I rarely use.

Spam is inevitable and may be anything from one of the three hundred plus yahoo groups I'm on, to the address books of correspondents that had the misfortune to be hacked, or they come from criminals with their schemes.

Everyday I get emails telling me I've won lotteries or I'm the beneficiary of some deceased relative or some other reason I can't believe anyone in the computer world would take seriously.

Hey Crooks, I'm into genealogy, I know all my relations back hundreds of years and none of them are leaving me millions, billions or gazillions---because---they---don't---got---any!

Here is an example of one long-winded gentleman that not only expects me (a complete stranger) to believe him, he's talking about committing bank fraud (of course this is provided the bank wasn't fictitious to begin with).

Feel free to share the latest con that's come your way?


Dear Sir/Mam,


I know this letter must come to you as a big surprise, but I believe it is only a day that people meet and become great friends and business partners,Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, but I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest and most confidential medium of communication.

Well I have an urgent and lucrative business transaction that will Profit the both of us after completion. So I want you to patiently read through this email and get back to me My Name is Mr.Serg Zabo,a Banker by profession, I work with Bank of Africa Here in Lagos Nigeria.


In January 1995,an American oil Consultant/Contractor (Mohamed Mohd Salaheldin) made a numbered-time (fixed deposit) for twenty four calendar months valued at ($25.150 M) TWENTY FIVE MILLION ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATED DOLLARS Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification of Account status to his forwarding address but got no reply up till date.


After two months, we sent a reminder of same letter, and finally we discovered from his contact employers, (Halliburton Oil Services Company)that Mohamed Mohd Salaheldin died in an EgyptAir Flight 990 Boeing 767-366ER, SU-GAP 60 Miles South of Nantucket on October 31, 1999. Please read more details about the crash:


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/502503.stm


http://historicmysteries.com/the-mysterious-crash-of-egyptair-flight-990


http://www.airdisaster.com/reports/ntsb/AAB02-01.pdf


This office has exhaustively made efforts to locate the next of kin/beneficiary, or any relative of our deceased customer,all to no avail and not successful.


I have contacted you to assist me in securing this money before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by this bank. The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that if such an account remains dormant or non-operational after a period of Twelve (12) years,the money will be transferred into banking treasury as unclaimed bill.


However, attempts have been made twice by the Government Agency concerned to confiscate this account if not for my intervention as the head account and audit dept. I have always told them that the next of kin has been in touch with us. The request of a foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner.


Your response will determine our subsequent correspondence.


On replying please provide the following for effective communication:


Full Name:


Secure E-mail:


Secure Fax Number:


Cell Phone:


This transaction requires utmost trust and sincerity, get back to me so i can give you more details so we can proceed.


Best regards,


Mr. Serg Zabo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment