Million Dollar Mistake, by Meg Lacey


Hello, thanks for asking me to be a guest today.

 

 I’m Meg Lacey and I’ve recently released two new novels, “Million Dollar Mistake, “from Samhain Publishing,  and “The Sparrow and The Hawk,” from Imajinn Books.  In both of these books a relationship is a key element.  One is a steamy romantic comedy and one is a paranormal romance, sort of.  I’d like to tell you more about “Million Dollar Mistake.”

 

I love writing about relationships.  Relationships that aren’t smooth sailing, but are as messy as my creative process.  And it’s essential that one element of the relationship is a sense of humor.  I think the only recourse we humans have is to view life with a quirky grain of salt.  Life can be very funny depending on your point of view. 

 

For example, take one of my recent episodes.  I was climbing down to inspect tide pools when I slipped on a wet rock. Now this could be serious.  However, if I slip on a rock, then in slow motion try to catch my balance as I totter from wet rock to slippery rock and eventually collapse on my nose in the sand that can be amusing.  At least it was to my daughter, Sara.  After asking if I was okay, Sara then collapsed in hysterics on the beach.  After she explained my staggering trajectory in vivid detail, I cracked up too.  It’s this type of perspective I try to bring to all of my writing. 

 

 I had so much fun writing Million Dollar Mistake.  Let me tell you more about it.

 

Taking care of business may cost him his heart.

 

In addition to overseeing the financial affairs of the wealthy Kristoff family, Nicholas Demetrious specializes in hauling its rambunctious members out of trouble. Especially his distant cousin, Raven Rutledge.

 

The tabloids love her bad-girl antics, sexy pout, and body made for sin. Nicholas would love to spank the bejesus out of her, but this time the situation is too serious to entertain such a fantasy. A lucrative business deal with the Exeters is in jeopardy, and Jackson Exeter Sr.’s ultimatum is clear: Remove this man-eater from my country house, or the deal is off.

 

Raven is in way over her head. She accepted the invitation to the Exeter’s Adirondack house party as a refreshing change from her jet-setting lifestyle—until she learns the guest list includes his entire family. His ex-girlfriend. And the junior Exeter’s intention to propose.

 

If ever she needed suave, sophisticated Nicholas’s persuasive powers, it’s now. Then he’s there with a plan to get her out of this tangle: sweep her off her feet. But their pretend passion turns all too real. And what started out as a weekend of fun threatens to shatter into betrayal and heartbreak.

 

Warning: Contains a tabloid sweetheart who loves to be bad, a sexy hero with little patience for mind games, and a game of strip pool that will make you rethink your weekend plans.

 

 

I’m also running a giveaway contest for Million Dollar Mistake, with terrific prizes. Sign up on my website.  Visit me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment