Greenhouse In My Yard


Saying I'm a writer is just one way I define myself. I'm also a jewelry seller, a decorator, a foodie, a cook and so much more. I didn't have to think long on what theme to use for this year's challenge. Spring is the start of gardening for me, so let's talk about what's In My Yard .


Greenhouse


Okay, so we never claimed to be quick moving around here. In the spring of 2012 I bought a 10 x 12 greenhouse kit.

Well it laid there in a box in the yard for two years. Then we got started on putting it together. I think I spent a week walking around trying to decide the best location, for light, for convenience, for practicality, and most of all for where I could keep it forever, because we've been known to move a lot of things around, mostly bushes, flower bulbs and fences--lots of fences.

So, as I was saying, we got started. Then other projects seemed to get in the way of finishing the greenhouse. We had the base in place and a partial frame. If you ever under-take building a greenhouse from a kit, do not quit at this point. Windy storms shook loose parts, metal bent and bolts came undone, never to be seen again.

This year, my son decided he wanted to see the greenhouse finished. So for several months, he has added parts, piecing back the bent structure, assembling the new and we finally saw it look like a greenhouse. What our plans with it will be are yet undetermined. 


Brenda

~ Seductive in Any Era ~

No comments:

Post a Comment