An Amazing Simple & Delicious Pound Cake

I was in the mood for a cake yesterday, but I didn't have a cake mix, so I got out my vast collection of recipes as opposed to running off to the store in the pouring rain. I came across one recipe I had written down for a pound cake. I love pound cake, but no matter how many recipes I've tried, I never could get one like I buy at the store. You know, those extra dense kinds that haven't risen so it's airy like a regular cake.
So I decided let's be daring and give it a try.




Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1-1/2 cups salted butter (it must be real butter) at room temperature.
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
2-1/3 cups sugar
6 jumbo eggs
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon vanilla

Optional ( 2 Tablesoons Baking Cocoa + 2 Tablespoons water) Add this to half the batter for a marbled cake.

In a mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly sprinkle in sugar. Blend in one egg at a time. Add Vanilla. Slowly blend in flour.
Pour into greased and floured tube pan.

Preheat oven 300 degrees.
Bake 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment