Bacon Onion Soup

I love to eat and my best recipes are created when I'm on a diet. No, they are not always low in calories. But I hate giving up foods I love, and I strongly believe, and know, that if you calories count, you can eat anything and still lose weight.

Here's the recipe for my dinner today.

BACON ONION SOUP

1 pound bacon, diced small, cooked in skillet until close to crispy, drain grease into measure cup. Set bacon aside.

1 medium onion, diced small, cooked in 1 tablespoon bacon grease until brown. Set aside.

1/4 cup bacon grease
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Salt & Pepper
Combine in sauce pan until blended.

add
3 cups milk, stir until thickened

2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled, diced, cooked, and mashed. Strain juice into cup, discard pulp.

add to sauce pan 1/3 tomato juice, bacon, & onion

MAKES - 4 Cups
1 cup = 385 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment