The Bodyguard, the Writer and her Vampires


I was recently asked what was the most memorable date I was ever on and to describe what happened. Without skipping a beat, here is what I said:

The first date that comes to mind was with a rather interesting man I met years ago. Not a man that you could really look at having a serious relationship with (as you will soon find out why), but certainly an experience you didn’t want to pass on. His life could play out in the movies!

Sirhc was the bodyguard of a sultan that visited Hawaii on a regular basis. He was always planted at his employer’s side, constantly jetting off to somewhere exotic or remote. Most times, he left without notice. In addition to his chiseled features, mesmerizing accent and a body that made you mentally remind yourself not to drool; Sirhc had a small aircraft pilot license.

The first official date we went on was for lunch. I met Sirhc at a restaurant and prepared for a nice meal with amazing company. I just imagined the stories he could tell me— the adventures and sights he had experienced.

As I stepped out of my car, he asked me to hop into his employer’s car service--a limo. He explained that we were going somewhere else for lunch. I jumped right in without hesitation.

The car drove directly to the Honolulu International Airport. Within minutes, I boarded a Cessna piloted by Sirhc. He flew us to Kauai and we had lunch at a secluded resort. After our meal, he arranged for us to have wine and chocolates on a section of the resort’s private beach to watch the sunset.

As I had time to reflect on what I had revealed without taking a moment to consider all of the romantic dates I have been on, it dawned on me. I recalled the date with the one man that has always remained a bit of a mystery to me. His life was fantasy-laced and I was along for the journey, relishing in the thrill and excitement of his life. For a moment, I felt like I was floating through a dream. It’s no wonder that I pursued writing romance novels, letting the lingering effects of that experience burn bright in my stories. And while Sirhc was not a vampire, he did have that mystic, secrecy and larger-than-life flair about him that I seem to project in all of my vampire characters.

Thank you Sirhc.

My series, Ambrose Heights Vampires, follows the Matthew’s lair based in Manitou Springs, Colorado. If you ever wanted to get lost in a fantasy-laced story with some luscious fanged creatures, this series is for you.

Available in eBook and paperback is Flesh Fantasy, the first installment of the series. Recently released in eBook and due in paperback in May 2012 is Veil of Seduction, the second installment in the series.



A newborn vampire. A powerful leader. An inconsolable woman. The shaping of their eternity all lies within the eyes.

Steffan Matthews is the devastatingly handsome vampire leader of Ambrose Heights. He cultivates social order and invents concoctions that allow vampires to feel human once again.

But Steffan also has a devouring obsession that brings him to his knees. Her name is Anya. Steffan sets out to claim Anya, a mortal ripe for the taking, as his mate. But the blackness in the eyes of his newborn should’ve served as a warning. Anya is off-limits according to the vampire creed.

It will take the strength of the kinship, the purity of love, a hint of magic, and a subterranean guardian to shield Steffan against the wrath of Ryan Evans, protect him from the fate of the Nemesis, and bridge a passage to his rightful destiny.

A Siren Erotic Romance



EXCERPT

“Anya, I want to make love to you, claim you.”

“Make love to me, Steffan. Claim me. I’m yours.”

Steffan’s breath was deep and heavy as he prepared for the moment.

“Don’t take your eyes off of me.” Steffan slid himself through Anya’s moistened folds, slowly filling her. He stretched her wide as she wrapped around his cock like a glove.

“Steffan, oh my god!” Anya screamed with a hint of discomfort in her voice. “It hurts. I don’t know if I can do this!”

“Relax. Let your body form around me. I’ll go as slow as you want or as hard as you want. You tell me what you need. I want you to only feel pleasure,” Steffan whispered and slowed his entry.

He was absolutely careful with Anya. His innate instinct wanted him to take her wildly, but he reminded himself that she was still human, still frail. She could shatter in pieces underneath him with one move. Once the claiming was executed and Anya was transformed, they could be together in a primal, untamed escapade.

With each gentle pulse, Steffan felt Anya relax. Carefully, he inched himself deeper into her until he was buried completely. He slowly retracted and pumped into her again, feeling her body accepting his entry with every delicious plunge.

“You feel so good. Give me more,” Anya said in a throaty and seductive tone.

Steffan’s heart was filled with bliss. Her heart accepted him, and now her body accepted his entry, his permanence in her very core. He thrust into Anya with a deeper need as their eyes remained fixed on each other.

“Let me love you, Anya. Let me give you everything I have in me. Accept me as your mate. Give yourself freely as mine.”

“I do and I have.”

A blistering heat traveled along Steffan’s jaw and filled his mouth with an insatiable need for blood. His sharp teeth broke through their protective membrane and descended as his body continued exploring her depths.

“Steffan, harder. I want it harder,” Anya said as she pulled Steffan in close to whisper in his ear.

“You want it hard, my love?”

“Yes.”

“You will feel pleasure you’ve never experienced before, but you must promise to let me know if I hurt you.”

“Promise.”

“Remember that I love you, and do not be afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“This.”
_______________________________________________________________________
And in keeping with the fantasy I like to brew and live out, I bring my vampires to life in the book trailer. Enjoy the eye candy and don’t forget to turn up the music!
Start the journey with a Free Read of Veil of Seduction.

And complete the journey by picking up your copy of Veil of Seduction.

Maya Deleina


No comments:

Post a Comment