What I learned during my trip to The Big Easy!


Hello everyone!

Dana Littlejohn here to share my experience in the lovely city of New Orleans, Louisiana. The Big Easy is a beautiful city with fantastic food and rich culture. Who could ask for anything more? I went for a training session for work, but let me tell you, I got so much more. It was a one of a kind experience.

It was eight women in my group. The company I worked for at the time set us in one of those stay weekly hotels. It wasn’t the best of places believe me, but at the end of our two week stay it didn’t even matter. We started out on one of those rickety one engine planes that made my heart leap every time it bounced. I left the snow and ice of February in Indiana for the mid 70 temps of Louisiana.

It was great! We arrived in Lafayette on Saturday and didn’t have to show up for work until Monday. A few people who would be training us at work showed up to take us on a tour of the city. What a beautiful city Lafayette turned out to be with friendly people and amazing food. I even ate gator and lived to tell the tale. LOL Although Lafayette was great I couldn’t wait until we went to New Orleans.

Sunday morning we went to New Orleans and I was floored by the things I saw. I didn’t know what to expect since I had not seen the city pre-Katrina, but I was stunned none the less. The natives made sure to take us pass the devastation so people would know that things were not as they seem, We went to the roof of the tallest building they knew and we could see the actual wall that held back the sea. It was the most frightening and beautiful sight I had ever seen. I was scared to death to go any further, but I couldn’t be that close to New Orleans and not go. So I sucked it up and continued and it was the best decision I ever made. Our next stop was Bourbon Street where all the tourists hang out. It was incredible.

We passed a ‘haunted house’ where a woman sat outside trying to encourage us to enter. My group was game but the natives completely freaked. They wouldn’t let us anywhere near it for fear we bring bad spirits back to Indiana. The people were still hyped even though Mardi Gras had been two weeks before. We saw a parade just for the sake of having a parade and yes, they threw beads for boobs! I was determined only to eat food I could get in New Orleans. By the end of my trip I was completely addicted to etouffĂ©e.

My trip to Louisiana remains high on my great memories list. Even though its purpose was business related, I learned a lot and had a blast. What did I learn that I didn’t know before? I love Cajun food! Who knew? Cajun accents are sexy even when they are spoken in training mode. I like crawfish better when it’s in foods and not staring at me when I’m trying to eat it and, most importantly, okra makes everything taste nasty even gumbo...and it’s hard to mess up gumbo! LOL Oh yeah, and something about work, too. 

My trip to Louisiana also gave me inspiration for my story Cajun Magic. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.



 
Cajun Magic
by Dana Littlejohn

Available from Red Rose Publishing

Blurb:

Gerald was a police offer wounded in the line of duty resting and healing in Louisiana. He was a solemn man who spent his time married to his work. Margarita Malveaux was a ghost killed over a hundred years ago by voo-doo.

Gerald visited Margarita's house in New Orleans. His warrior's soul and disbelief in voo-doo was all the ghost needed to know he was the only one who could help her be free. Would Margarita's short time with Gerald be enough to convince him to help her? Or will the ghost ask for much more for the wounded cop to bear?


Excerpt:

“Gerald…Gerald, wake up.”

The soft feminine voice calling his name pulled him slowly from his sleep. He turned on his back kicking the sheet off his naked body. “Gerald.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m up,” he said sleepily.

“Open your eyes, Gerald.”

His eyes fluttered at first, but then they opened slowly. As his eyes focused, they widened at the sight before him. He looked straight up from his reclined position to see a woman. She was indeed female because her voluptuous figure and shoulder length hair was plainly visible, but she was not like any other woman. Hovering along the ceiling like she was he knew even in his sleepy state that her body was not solid like his own, but more smoky.

“What the hell!”

“No, Gerald, don’t get up. I don’t want you to hurt yourself. I will come closer to you.”

Slowly she descended from the ceiling. The closer she came to him the clearer her smoky yet translucent features became. When she stopped to hover over him, he looked into her face to find her lovely. Her cat-like eyes were as smoky as the rest of her and held no distinct color. Along with the high cheekbones and full sensual lips that still held their form, her beauty was evident albeit strange to behold.

“Okay, what the hell is going on?”

“I have come to ask for your help, Gerald.”

“How do you know my name?”

“I have been with you all evening, ever since you left my house.”

“Left your house? What are you talking about? Who are you?”

“My name is Margarita Malveaux. I’m a ghost. I have come to you to ask for your help so that I may be set free.”

“This is a joke, right?” he laughed looking into her unchanged features. “What, you’re saying you’re a real ghost?” He watched her nod. “Well if that’s the case then we have a problem because I don’t believe in ghosts.”

“Never the less I am here and I am a ghost.”

“Let’s say for argument’s sake that you are, what do you want?”

“I want your help.”

“My help…to do what?”

“To be free. I can offer you something in return for your help. I know what men want.”

“Oh yeah? What’s that?” he asked in a disbelieving tone.

“I can make you feel good, Gerald. Though I cannot feel pleasure for myself, I am capable of giving pleasure,” she said, lowering herself further. His surprise was visible across his face. He could actually feel her breasts pressing against his chest! The whole situation was amazing especially since he didn’t believe in ghosts. But nothing surprised him as much as the betrayal of his body as it allowed his erection to react so quickly to something he could barely see. “Yeah, this has to be a dream, a good dream, realistic as hell because of my lack of sex in a long time, but, the only logical answer is that I’m dreaming.”

“What can I do to convince you that this is real? In order to help me you will have to overcome your disbelief.”

“Then I’m not your guy because I don’t believe in ghosts,” he said firmly.

“I’m willing to pay for your help, Gerald. Let me try to change your mind.”

Unable to hold that position for long he relaxed back into the pillow and closed his eyes.

“Whatever.”

Suddenly he felt the unmistakable pressure of lips pressing against his. Her kiss felt as real as any other kiss he ever had. He could see her in his mind’s eye kissing his neck as he felt the pressure of her lips against it.

She moved her kisses down to his chest then tried to position herself between his legs, but she encountered resistance.

“Don’t fight me, Gerald. If you don’t believe in ghosts then you have nothing to fear, but give me the chance to show you how real I am.”

Find out what happens next in Cajun Magic! Available at Red Rose Publishing.

_____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment