National Donut Day!



Yes, that's right. Today is National Donut Day. It's celebrated on the first Friday of June each year. This is my first year of hearing about it, but it's been celebrated since 1938 and was created by the Salvation Army to to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I.

My favorite donuts come from Dunkin' Donuts, unfortunately, we don't have one around my neck of the woods, but in my travels, I seldom pass one without stopping and getting a dozen or two. My donut place stand in is Walmart. I know, Walmart isn't a donut connoisseur's dream, but they have some good chocolate iced donuts.

I'm not crazy about a lot of Krispy Kreme donuts, simply because their glaze is too sweet and they put it on too many varieties. However, since I do like donuts and can't resist even mediocre ones, I buy the Chocolate Iced Glazed Cruellers. To a Christmas time gathering, someone brought a couple dozen varities of Krispy Kreme's donut from one of their locations, and I found that I really loved the Chocolate Iced Custurd Filled ones. So Krispy Kreme does have a chance at winning me over.

So where do you get your donut fix?

No comments:

Post a Comment